Obsidian Stone, Volcano Glass
Features and Benefits
Obsidian, also known as obsidian or volcanic glass, is a stone formed naturally in places of volcanic origin. It is extracted from Yanar Mountain and similar volcanic areas. In our country, it is mostly found in the Hasan Mountain region.
It occurs when the lava in Yanar Dağ cools rapidly and freezes before it has time to crystallize. Since it is not in a crystalline structure, the edge regions can be very thin and sharp. For this reason, it was used as an arrowhead in ancient times. Today, it is used at the tip of a cutting tool called a scalpel used in medicine.
Although obsidian is especially black, it has different colors such as Green Obsidian (Nemrut Mountain-Tatvan), Red Obsidian (İkizdere-Rize). Gold pieces were found in the obsidians excavated in İkizdere, and iron mineral was found in the ones extracted from Hasan Dağ.
Obsidian stone provides relaxation by taking the electricity in the body. It is a very healing stone and is useful in cleansing the liver. Obsidian is a stone with black, brown, green, and shiny outer eruptions. It has a glassy appearance. It is the symbol stone of Scorpio. The most known color of the obsidian stone is snowflake obsidian with white spots on it. This stone is also known as a purity stone.
Benefits of Obsidian Stone;
- Eliminates feelings of anger and anger.
- Obsidian helps you when you hesitate to look inside yourself. It strengthens the negative thoughts and feelings inside you and makes you notice them.
- It helps you get rid of the memories you don’t want to remember. This will activate your positive emotions.
- Obsidian can make you feel tense because of these properties. However, it is a stone that everyone needs, as you can step into positive changes only when you can look within without fear.
- Obsidian allows you to realize the light within you.
- It is a suitable stone to discharge the electricity of the body.
- It is useful in cleansing the liver. For this purpose, a fist-sized obsidian stone is placed on the liver and waited for ten to thirty minutes. However, this period should not be exceeded and in this case, one should not fall asleep.
Hardness Degree: 5.0 – 5.5
Specific Gravity: 2.6
Chakras: Root, Solar Plexus, Heart