Features and Benefits
Unakite is formed by the combination of 3 minerals. Pink Feldspar (or red orthoclase) is a type of rock that combines Green Epidote and Quartz. Unakite is a rock-like structure similar to granite. Discovered in the Unakas mountains of North Carolina, this stone is highly preferred and loved today. It is also found in Australia, Austria, Brazil, France, Italy, Japan, China, Mexico, Mozambique, Myanmar, and Russia.
Unakit is a stone that contains pink and red color particles in green in terms of appearance. Although it has just been discovered in the world of precious stones compared to other stones, it is highly preferred due to its pleasant appearance. It is used in houses as ornaments (mostly animal figures, etc.), necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings in rosaries, and jewelry.
Unakit is a stone that can be broken easily, although its hardness is between 6-7. Especially the Epidote part, the green part, is fragile. When broken, it breaks apart irregularly due to its structure. Care should be taken when cutting Unakit, a rare metamorphic rock formation with gemstone quality. It has no crystal structure. Since it is a fragile stone, the best cut that can be applied is the cabochon cut.
Due to its Unakite appearance, Ruby is often confused with Zoisite. It is red-spotted on the green, like machine stone. However, the red spots on Ruby Zoisite are more purple, while those on unakite are pinkish red. We will talk about Ruby Zoisite in detail later. Also, the green on the two stones is not the same tone.
Unakit is compatible with most zodiac signs but appeals most to Libra and Scorpio. It is the stone of Balance and Harmony.
Benefits of Unakit Stone;
- It is a recommended stone to be used during pregnancy. It ensures a comfortable pregnancy, reduces the risk of miscarriage, protects the baby and mother from various diseases,
- Facilitates childbirth
- It is also recommended for people who want to get pregnant but cannot.
- It regulates the reproductive system, so it is also recommended for men.
- It is beneficial for the eyes, improves eyesight,
- Prevents the development of tumor-like formations,
- Absorbs radiation, protects it from harm,
- It is used to transfer excess electricity in the body to the ground, it is a grounding stone.
Hardness Degree: 6 – 7
Specific Gravity: 2.8 – 3.2
Chemical Formula and Group: SiO2+Ca2(Fe,Al)Al2
Color: Green and Pink Shades, Matte, Opaque
Places of Extraction: USA, Australia, Austria, Brazil, France, Italy, Japan, China, Mexico, Mozambique, Myanmar and Russia
Chakras: Solar plexus, heart