Features and Benefits
Zoisite is one of the precious stones that can be transparent or translucent, green in its pure form without additives. It is a gemstone formed between metamorphic rocks and pegmatite rocks that we call linear granite. It can also be combined with other stones and minerals in different colors such as Grey, White, Blue, Purple, Pink. Zoisite, which was mined in Switzerland, India, Pakistan, Austria, Norway, Italy, America, Australia, Tanzania, took its name from Sigmund Zois, who first found it.
Zoisite contains Calcium, Aluminum, Silicon, Oxygen, and Hydrogen. However, in very small amounts, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium, Chromium, Titanium, Sodium, Vanadium, Strontium, and Water are also found.
Zoisite is a transparent stone in its pure form. It turns opaque when it combines with Chermakit (Tschermakite). Chermakit causes Zoisite to become opaque. As a result of this fusion, the Zoisite stone turns into an opaque green stone with black particles in it. Zoisite is a stone of inspiration and health. It has positive effects on the person who uses it.
Zoisite Stone Subspecies
Anyolite (Ruby in Zoisite)
Ruby is sometimes added to Zoisite and Chermakit. This stone turns into a green stone with purplish-red (ruby red) spots and black dots.
The name of this stone is called Ruby in Zoisite or Anyolite. It is known as Zoisite or Ruby Zoisite in ruby.
Another sub-type of Zoisite stone is Tanzanite. It is a stone of various colors from blue to purple. It is known as Blue Zoisite. For details about Tanzanite, you can review your article about Tanzanite stone properties and benefits.
It is also called Pink Zoisite. It is in red and pink colors. It is an opaque-looking stone, but it can sometimes be translucent.
Benefits of Zoisite Stone
- It is the stone of health. It heals the person who uses it.
- It keeps away from sickness and stress.
- It turns negative energy into positive.
- It has the ability to increase the power of reason and logic.
- It provides focus and prevents distraction. It can be used for exam periods.
- It is beneficial for heart health. It strengthens the heart.
- It is useful for those who have insomnia problems.
- It is a useful stone for the reproductive system.
- It is said to be used for psoriasis.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It is beneficial for the lungs and pancreas.
- It helps against flu and cold as it fights viruses and bacteria.
- It keeps the body fit. It takes drowsiness.
- It is beneficial for the bone system. It keeps the bone and cartilage structure healthy. It helps in the treatment of osteoporosis diseases. It helps to heal in case of fractures and cracks.
- It balances the tension.
- Regenerates cells.
Hardness Degree: 6 – 7
Specific Gravity: 3.3
Chemical Formula and Group: Ca2Al3(SiO4)3(OH) and Zoisite
Color: Green, Grey, White, Blue, Purple, Pink – Transparent, translucent, opaque
Places of Extraction: Switzerland, India, Pakistan, Austria, Norway, Italy, America, Australia, Tanzania
Chakras: Root and Heart