Features and Benefits
The mother of pearl is a stone of organic origin. It is found in the shell of sea creatures such as mussels, oysters, and snails. There is a lot of aragonite in the interior of these shells. It has iridescent, shimmering colors like a rainbow.
As you know, pearl also grows in oysters and it is also an organic stone. For this reason, another name of the mother-of-pearl stone is Mother of pearl. It covers the inside of the shell in which the pearl grows and acts as a mother to it.
It is mined in many countries with the mother-of-pearl sea. In addition, it can be found on land by fossilizing and turning into stone. In other words, it is a rare stone that can be found both on land and in the sea. Found in the United States, nacre stones are obtained from freshwater mussels. European countries use mother-of-pearl stones obtained from sea snails.
The mother-of-pearl stone has a hardness of 3-4 according to the Mohs hardness scale. It is used in making jewelry, rosaries, and ornaments. Mother of pearl, which is among the most preferred precious stones in our country, is also widely used in ornaments such as chests and coffee tables. It is a delicate stone as it is not very hard. It is also a fine, brittle stone.
The history of mother-of-pearl stone dates back to ancient times. It was used in Egypt, India, and Sumerian civilizations, especially in China. The mother-of-pearl stone has a special place for China. It is believed to be a stone of luck, happiness, success, and money.
Benefits of Psoriasis
- It is a precious stone that heals diseases.
- It is effective for physical growth and development in children.
- It regulates the heart and blood circulation system.
- It helps blood to clot in people with blood clotting problems. If otherwise, it should not be used.
- It gives mental clarity.
- It increases concentration.
- It is beneficial for the eye, it is protective and curative in eye diseases.
- It helps wounds to close and heal quickly.
- It also has important effects on skin health. It has a positive effect on skin diseases.
- It supports the reproductive system, supports pregnancy, facilitates childbirth.
- It protects and treats bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It has a mitigating effect for migraines and vertigo.
- It is effective against hyperactivity.
Hardness Degree: 3 – 4
Specific Gravity: 2.60 – 2.78
Chemical Formula and Group: Organic Compounds
Color: Pearly white, whitish, yellow, transparent, translucent, opaque
Places of Extraction: It is extracted in all countries with a coast to the sea or the ocean.
Chakras: Crown (Crown)